Friday, July 6, 2012

Blueberry Walnut Salad With Lemon Vanilla Vinaigrette

Blueberry Walnut Salad by CaptainShen
Blueberry Walnut Salad, a photo by CaptainShen on Flickr.
This salad struck me whilst strolling through the produce section at work, eyeing some blueberries. Well, not literally struck me-- though I wouldn't be too bothered by being pummelled with a box of delightful food (as long as it were intact, edible, and I was conscious enough to eat it). I splurged on my favorite soft goat cheese, Capricho Di Cabra, a few days prior, and I imagined the two together, married with the deep, earthen flavor of walnuts. From there came some kind of salad recipe.

Blueberry Walnut Salad
Walnuts
Avocados
Blueberries
Soft Goat Cheese / Mild Blue
Meaty, smoky lardons.
Chopped hardboiled egg
Spinach
Lemon-Vanilla Vinaigrette
Lemon Juice
White Balsamic Vinegar
Poppyseeds
Good Olive Oil
Vanilla Extract*
Sea Salt
A bit of mayonnaise
Water to taste

*I actually used the 'vanilla salt' that I picked up at the night markets in Cairns, QLD, AU.

No comments: